About the Founders
Michelle Gonsalves-Kirch, FCG Member
FCG member, Michelle Gonsalves-Kirch is a classically-trained marketer with 20 years of senior management experience across a range of categories including financial services, consumer packaged foods and fresh produce at companies such as First Republic Bancorp, Nabisco, Kraft and Dole Foods. In her experience, she has built and redefined multiple brands and sub-brands, launched successful and award winning products and led marketing strategies and research plans geared at driving profitable growth.
Michelle has her Bachelors of Arts degree in International Relations from the University of California at Berkeley and her MBA from the Anderson School at UCLA.
Chris’ 25 years of experience was gained at companies in the food, wine, music and retail fashion industries. She served as Vice President of Marketing at a division of Dole Foods, and at Naturipe Farms, one of the largest worldwide berry companies. During her career, she developed and launched successful categories and products, pioneered award-winning consumer campaigns, launched new brands, led successful cross-functional teams, and built marketing teams recognized as “Best in Class”.
Chris has a Bachelor of Science degree from California State University, Chico and an MBA from Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
We focus on our clients’ most critical needs and opportunities from business strategy and marketing to product line development and launch. We can act as a strategic partner or serve in the trenches to help bring plans, brands and products to life.
We are passionate about delivering insights that are grounded in a deep understanding of the consumer, the customer and the business in which our clients operate. As seasoned marketers, we can leverage our skills and expertise against any consumer goods category, but the food category is our passion.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Market assessments, brand audits
- Opportunity analysis and assessments
- Market research planning, management and analysis
- Product pipeline development
- Product concept development and testing
- Package design strategy and implementation
- Product commercialization
- Positioning and restaging
- Marketing plans
As a fledgling consulting practice, the majority of our experience comes from our many successful years leading, managing and developing brands and product lines for manufacturers. We have a strong record of accomplishment and thrive on new challenges. Some of the work we’ve done and awards we’ve received include:
- Established a pipeline for growth that identified opportunities and concepts for products to be developed and launched over a 1 - 5 year period;
- Transitioned an already successful line of meal kits from conventional to all natural, providing an improved and unique position for the brand that reinvigorated sales growth and built share;
- Developed and launched a unique line of healthy, natural vegetable and grain meals and created a new type of merchandising to provide entry to new distribution outlets;
- Launched a line of organic products that received industry awards for package design;
- Developed and launched new products that received awards from leading consumer publications (Health, Women’s Health, Parents) for being the most healthful new products for three consecutive years;
- Repositioned a brand to improve its perception and performance in the market that included all aspects of marketing from package design to advertising, digital and social communication, promotion and shopper marketing;
- Transitioned a brand from a well-established and respected trade name to a leading consumer brand, including all communication and plans for employees, vendors, trade customers and consumers;
- Built a national shopper marketing team that works with retailers to build brand and category sales. The team has been recognized by some of the largest retailers as Best-In-Class;
- Developed concepts for break-through packaging formats that would address unmet shopper needs and be unique in the category.